Custom Gear Manufacturer
As a leading custom gear manufacturer, Ashley Ward delivers high-performing, long-lasting machined gears, custom gears, and precision gear components ideal for use in a wide variety of industries. Ashley Ward’s custom gears are precisely machined and tested to meet AGMA specifications and your exacting tolerances and requirements.
Ashley Ward’s durable, reliable custom gears are perfect for use in a host of industries:
- Home appliances
- Lawn & Garden
- Oil & gas
- Sports equipment
As a custom gear manufacturer Ashley Ward provides gears that are used in thousands of products that millions of people use each and every day:
- Washing machines
- Hand tools
- Golf carts
Supplying The Product You Want
Ashley Ward manufacturers what you want - taking your design and drawings and making the part to your specifications and requirements.
- Worm Gears
- Similar to screws
- Teeth in 360° profile
- Run at high RPMs, reducing vibration and noise
- Compact size
- Used for small electric motors, lawn and garden equipment, conveyor systems
- Helical Gears
- Angled teeth
- Provide slow, smooth motion
- Ideal for high-speed applications
- Used in engines, transmissions, power tools, lawn and garden equipment
- Spur Gears
- Simplest type of gear
- Cylinder or disk with teeth projecting radially
- Usually mounted on parallel shafts
- Used in electric screwdrivers, oscillating sprinklers, washing machines and dryers
- Straight Gears
- Teeth cut in straight form instead of helical or spiral shape
- Widely used in racing cars
- Sprocket Gears
- Profiled wheel with teeth or cogs
- Transmits rotary motion between two shafts
- Mesh with chains, tracks or other perforated or indented material
- Commonly used on bicycles, motorcycles, cars, tracked vehicles
Ashley Ward, a leading custom gear manufacturer, is able to manufacture gears from a number of different materials:
- Rolled and Cold Rolled Steel grades:
Providing The Precision You Need
Using a specialized piece of machinery called a hobber, teeth are cut into the gear. Ashley Ward uses three high-speed Mitsubishi hobbers, with auto loading options, to handle gears up to 6 inches in diameter. Ashley Ward additionally uses two, high-speed Koepfer hobbers and a Lees Bradner gear hobber. We also have four Kinefac gear rolling machines. With an onsite machine shop that boasts expert staff, Ashley Ward offers precise, cost-effective gear cutting and gear services.
Ashley Ward is one of the few companies in the nation that provides gear cutting, along with thread rolling, spine rolling, heat treating, and centerless grinding, under our roof. That means premium quality control, shorter lead times for orders, and more competitive pricing for you. Ashley Ward can manufacture the gear you need from start to finish, or provide gear cutting only. Either way, you receive the same expertise, precision craftsmanship, and quality you expect from an industry leader like Ashley Ward.
Delivering The Service You Deserve
Since being founded in 1908, Ashley Ward has built itself into a leader in the screw machine industry, with one of the nation’s largest assortments of machining equipment, facilities across the country, and customers around the globe.
With a solid foundation of multi-generational private family owned and 200 dedicated employees, Ashley Ward develops and delivers quality products that touch almost everyone’s life: appliances, lawn & garden machines, defense parts, hydraulic valves, cable connectors, and automotive components.
Ashley Ward has the experience, expertise, and equipment to supply the high-quality, long-lasting components you need.
- Leader in the screw machine industry
- Family owned
- Serve Fortune 500 companies and OEMs
- Operating since 1908
- Can handle high volume orders
Contact us today to learn more about our precision gear components and how we can help you.