Ashley Ward delivers high-performing, long-lasting machined gears, custom gears and gear components ideal for use in a wide variety of industries.
Ashley Ward’s gears are precisely machined, and tested to meet AGMA specifications and your exacting tolerances and requirements.
Ashley Ward’s durable, reliable gears are perfect for use in a host of industries:
- Home appliances
- Lawn & Garden
- Oil & gas
- Sports equipment
Gears supplied by Ashley Ward are used in thousands of products that millions of people use each and every day:
- Lawn mowers
- Washing machines
- Hand tools
- Golf carts
Supplying the product you want
Ashley Ward manufacturers what you want - taking your design and drawings and making the part to your specifications and requirements.
- Similar to screws
- Teeth in 360° profile
- Run at high RPMs, reducing vibration and noise
- Compact size
- Used for small electric motors, lawn and garden equipment, conveyor systems
- Angled teeth
- Provide slow, smooth motion
- Ideal for high-speed applications
- Used in engines, transmissions, power tools, lawn and garden equipment
- Simplest type of gear
- Cylinder or disk with teeth projecting radially
- Usually mounted on parallel shafts
- Used in electric screwdrivers, oscillating sprinklers, washing machines and dryers
- Teeth cut in straight form instead of helical or spiral shape
- Widely used in racing cars
- Profiled wheel with teeth or cogs
- Transmits rotary motion between two shafts
- Mesh with chains, tracks or other perforated or indented material
- Commonly used on bicycles, motorcycles, cars, tracked vehicles
Ashley Ward manufactures gears from a number of different materials:
- Hot Rolled and Cold Rolled Steel grades:
- 1000, 1018, 1045, 1035
- 1100, 1118, 1144, 1117, 1141
- 1200, 1215
- 8600, 8620
- Stainless Steel grades:
- Carbon Steel
Providing the precision you need
Using a specialized piece of machinery called a hobber, teeth are cut into the gear. Ashley Ward uses three high-speed Mitsubishi hobbers, with auto loading options, to handle gears up to 6 inches in diameter. Ashley Ward additionally uses two, high-speed Koepfer hobbers and a Lees Bradner gear hobber. We also have four Kinefac gear rolling machines.
With an onsite machine shop that boasts expert staff, Ashley Ward offers precise, cost-effective gear cutting and gear services.
Ashley Ward is one of the few companies in the nation that provides gear cutting, along with thread rolling, spine rolling, heat treating and centerless grinding, under our roof. That means premium quality control, shorter lead times for orders, and more competitive pricing for you.
Ashley Ward can manufacture the gear you need from start to finish, or provide gear cutting only. Either way, you receive the same expert, precision craftsmanship and quality you expect from an industry leader like Ashley Ward.
Delivering the service you deserve
Since being founded in 1908, Ashley Ward has built itself into a leader in the screw machine industry, with one of nation’s largest assortments of machining equipment, facilities across the country, and customers around the globe.
With the solid foundation of multi-generational private family ownership and 200 dedicated employees, Ashley Ward develops and delivers quality products that touch almost everyone’s life: appliances, lawn & garden machines, defense parts, hydraulic valves, cable connectors and automotive components.
Ashley Ward has the experience, expertise, and equipment to supply the high-quality, long-lasting components you need.
- Leader in the screw machine industry
- Family owned
- Serve Fortune 500 companies and OEMs
- Operating since 1908
- Can handle high volume orders